Corporate membership is for fully qualified architects holding recognized professional qualifications from an institution acceptable to the Council of the Society and have been resident in Uganda for at least three years and having fulfilled such other conditions prescribed in the Bylaws.
1) Copy of USA Constitution – 10,000 (Ugx)
2) Application form – 5,000
3) Membership fees – 600,000 payable per year
4) Registration fees – 150,000 payable once
5) Bank charges – 2,500
6) Two Corporate and practicing Architects to nominate you and stamp on the application form
7) Certified copies of your academic papers
8) Detailed Curriculum vitae
9) One passport photo
10)A copy of Identity card
11)Declaration form obtained from the USA Constitution
12)NCHE Equivalent letter for Academic documents (for non EAIA Members)
13)Recommendation from Association of Architects of Nationality (Membership in Association of nationality should be equivalent to the type of membership sought in USA)
14)Work permit (If applicable)
All payments are made in the bank;
BANK NAME: STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
ACCOUNT NAME: UGANDA SOCIETY OF ARCHITECTS
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0102010622200
BRANCH: SPEKE ROAD BRANCH
Application for membership shall be made to the Honorary Secretary on the Society’s prescribed Application Form. Admission to membership shall be by a simple majority vote of the voting members of the Council present at the meeting. In the event of any rejection of membership, the Council shall give reasons in writing to the applicant.
1. Carefully read through the requirements for the category you are applying for.
2. Make the payments indicated at the bank.(Standard Chartered Bank)
3. Take evidence of payment to the USA Secretariat office to receive a serialized application form and a copy of the constitution.
4. Complete the form with the required signatures and stamps from two practicing Architects that are nominating you.
5. Carefully read the USA Constitution and sign the declaration form therein in the presence of one witness (A registered USA member), who will also sign against your declaration form.
6. Submit the completed application forms, a passport photograph and the documents specified for your category to the Secretariat or on-line through the USA website if you are unable to deliver to the office. If you are submitting a copy of your CV, please ensure that each page is signed by you.
7. For regional and international Architects applying for USA membership, please note that Corporate membership is only granted to members of AAK and RIBA who hold an equivalent membership in their home Association/Institute. Architects outside RIBA and AAK, should apply for Visiting membership.
8. Once your forms are received, you will receive notification to that effect. The Secretariat will thereafter communicate to you as soon as your application is approved.
By virtue of the membership, every member of the Society shall automatically be bound by this Constitution and its Bye-Laws and Rules of the Society.